Our Mission is to Empower Female Veterans
Our Mission is to Empower Female Veterans
Life Source Oasis is a 501(c)(3) California Public Benefit Charitable Non-Profit Organization. Our Tax ID is 98-7654321. All contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission is to empower female Veterans through sustainable housing and life-skill solutions with a goal of achieving productive reintegration and citizenship..
· Edwards Air Force Base, Edwards, Ca.
· Base Information Transfer System (BITS)
· 6514 Transportation Squadron -Hazardous Materials Inspector.
· Antelope Valley Unified High School District Teacher/Substance Abuse Counselor
· Palmdale Middle School District – Oak Tree Middle school lock-down campus for at-risk youth - Created and structured 7-8 grade pilot/program for successful graduation into High School.
· Adult Literary teacher for Los Angeles County Libraries, Palmdale, Ca.
· Antelope Valley Wall Volunteer, Marie Kerr Park, Palmdale, Ca.
· Coach “Ashes for Beauty” female youth empowerment group
· Lambda Kappa Mu Sorority, North Eastern Chapter
Living Praise Christian Center
· Committed and active member
· Certification in OSHA, Hazardous Materials, & Jet Engine Mechanic
Columbus, AFB, MS.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology Chapman University (Cum Laude)
· Master’s Degree in Educational Counseling – University of La Verne (Cum Laude)
· Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (Breining Institute) Registered Addiction specialist (RAS)
· Certifications in Co-Occurring Diseases Specialist (CDS) Battlefield Warriors, &
Certified Treatment Women Specialist (CWTS)
· California Association for Drug/Alcohol Educator’s - CAADE
· Married to Leon Emile Vanterpool 28 years
· Mother of 4
Grandmother of 15
My name is Dee Crouch, I hail from New York City, New York. I joined the United States Marine Corps in 1978, and was stationed at Marine Corps Air Station in El Toro, California as a Disbursing & Revenue Clerk. I was honorably discharged in 1984. I worked as a Mail Carrier for the United States Postal Service in Irvine, California until 1990. I relocated to Los Angeles to train at The Metropolitan Transit Authority as a transit Bus Driver. There, I obtained my Commercial Class A License and instructors certification. After leaving MTA, I utilized my skills and became a construction truck driver. I obtained my Homeland Security clearance and Hazardous Material endorsements. This allowed me to travel across country, delivering all freights to different military bases here and in Canada. I am current attending construction school to obtain my contractor's license and OSHA certification. I enjoy & participate in most sports , attend concerts & plays. I've been working with my community HOA and kids. I attend Living Stone Church in Sun Village. I am currently co-founder of Life Source Oasis , a non-profit organization that will be developing a Bridge "Transition" Community for homeless Veteran women in Sun Village, California.
Vernita is the Owner and CEO of The Met Center AV, Inc., a provider of premiere Virtual Offices, Executive Office Suites and Conference Room time to businesses by the Hour, Day or Month. It is the perfect venue to accommodate small businesses and provide them with a professional office environment to meet and greet their clients. It’s also a great way to incubate a small business while testing out a targeted market area. There is a large professional conference room that can accommodate most meetings, events and/or training scenarios. It’s everything you need in an office without the overhead. Some amenities include Live Reception, Mail Service, Mailboxes, Copying, a dedicated display for business cards, referrals and a list of Virtual Services to help your business run smoothly and succeed.
Vernita has over thirty years of solid Executive Management experience in the public and private business sectors as a Small Business Consultant and successful business owner. Her success is reflective of the businesses she has been able to cultivate and mentor to success in their requested areas of Internal System Improvements and Control, Accounting, Strategic Planning, Operations, Human Resources, Business Planning, etc.
In a previous role as Chairwoman of the Antelope Valley African American Chamber of Commerce she worked to build membership and provide a platform of learning for small businesses. Through her work she has managed to build strong community relationships with local representatives of State, County and Local governments and be a part of the dialogue on business issues affecting small businesses within the community.
Vernita comes from a family of entrepreneurs and is no stranger to hard work. Patience and dreaming were required to be there too. “I was learning how and what to do and actually doing business as early as age nine. My whole family worked for themselves in their own businesses. I thought it was the regular thing to do. I am always excited about the possibilities that a small business can open up and am looking forward to the next chapters I’ve added in the last few years. My imagination knows no boundaries and I am always ready to create and collaborate!”
Vernita is a Midwestern girl from Gary, Indiana and has lived in California since 1985. She resides in Saugus, CA with her husband John, they have two grown children, and five awesome grandchildren.
Say something interesting about your business here.
Ambitious, high-energy, results-oriented leader with an entrepreneurial attitude, who creates strategic alliances with organization leaders, local political leaders, and non-profit organizations to effectively align with and support key business initiatives. Builds and retains high performance teams by hiring, developing and motivating skilled professionals. Offering outstanding presentation, communication and cross-cultural team management skills with strong problem solving via both written and verbal negotiation skills.
I am only one of two female brokers with GAVAR to be recognized as Broker of the Year (2016). My brokerage is a female/Veteran owned brokerage.
· Small Business Development
· Business Operations
· Employee Relations
· Client Account Management
· Project Management
· Multidisciplinary Interaction
· Training & Development
· Budgeting Expertise
· Negotiations Expert
· Market Research & Analysis
· Product Line Expansion
· National Association of Realtors
· California Association of Realtors
· Greater Antelope Valley Association of Realtors
· Southland Regional Association of Realtors
· Broker of the Year, 2016
· Chair, Grievance Committee 2017
· Member, GAVAR Grievance Committee 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
· Member, GAVAR Professional Standards Committee 2016, 2018
· Chair, GAVAR MLS Committee 2018
· Member, GAVAR MLS Committee 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
· Member, Local Government Relations (LGR) Committee 2013, 2014
· Member, GAVAR Leadership Academy; Module Lead 2014
· Co-Chairperson, GAVAR Edu-Tech Expo 2012
· Chairperson, GAVAR Education, Technology & Professional Development Committee 2011
· Member, GAVAR Education, Technology and Professional Development Committee 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
· Hero Boxes, Established 2017
. Antelope Valley Veterans Community Action Coalition 2016-2018
· Project Paper Bag, Burbank, CA 2015, 2016
· President, Highland High School Football Booster Club 2012
· Member, Highland High School Football Booster Club 2011
· President, Hillview Middle School PTSA 2008
· Parent Volunteer Coordinator, Hillview Middle School 2007, 2008
· Parent Volunteer, Highland High School 2009 to 2013
· City of Burbank, Pasadena Rose Parade Float Deconstruction 2010
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
1008 W Avenue M14 Ste A. Palmdale, California 93551